I am happy to be a monthly supporter of HHOC and my goal with this year's 1400 for 1400 Scott is to raise funds to operate the house for 3 days!
Hospitality House of Charlotte is dedicated to providing the comforts of home for families of seriously ill loved ones by offering affordable accommodations in the heart of Charlotte’s medical community. Many families have a loved one being treated for cancer, are awaiting or receiving an organ transplant, have experienced trauma, or are facing other serious illnesses. Your tax-deductible donation is vital to the HHOC mission.
Once, while delivering meals to HHOC, I met a woman staying at the house because her husband suffered a heart attack as they drove from Florida to New Jersey. She was grateful to have HHOC during his unexpected hospital stay.
Donation Amount Impact
- $45 - Guest room rate for one night
- $75 - Cost to operate one room for one day
- $100 - 35 loads of laundry
- $135 - A new bedding set
- $350 - Provides breakfast food for one month
- $500 - A new mattress
- $750 - Operates 10 rooms for one night
- $1400 - Operates the entire house for one full day
- Hospitality House of Charlotte was started in 1985.
- The main treatment areas that we serve are cancer, cardiac, and organ transplant.
- Many of our guests are patients receiving long-term treatment.
- Hospitality House of Charlotte serves 4,000 patients and caregivers each year.
- Guests from all over the world stay at Hospitality House. We’ve served patients and caregivers from all 50 states and 41 countries.
- Hospitality House has 20 bedrooms and can serve up to 80 people in one night (during the pandemic we are currently operating at 75% capacity)
- Some of our guests come to Hospitality House with little to no warning. By offering complimentary laundry supplies and washers and dryers, they are able to have clean clothes even if their stay is longer than anticipated.
- Our House is located at 1400 Scott Avenue, just across the street from Atrium Health’s Carolinas Medical Center, and 1.5 miles from Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center.
- Once checked-in, guests may extend their stay for as long as the patient needs treatment
- A complimentary shuttle service transports guests directly from the House to both nearby hospitals 7 days a week.
- We serve patients of all ages.