Join us for our EXIT Southeast Climb for the Kids, Appalachian Trail event. From September 30 - October 2, 2022, our team will head to the Great Smoky Mountains during one
epic weekend. We’ll summit multiple peaks, enjoy fall colors, and hike
almost 15 miles to raise funding for a very worthy
cause – St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Our fundraising goal for this climb is $50,000, with
100% of donations going to St. Jude.
Dates: 9/30 - 10/2, 2022
Entry Fee: $300 (75% off for all EXIT Realty Southeast participants. Email [email protected] for the promo code.)
Available Spots: 40 climbers
Registration Deadline: August 26, 2022
Distance: 15 miles total over 2 days.
- Day 1: 11 miles to the summit of Mt. LeConte and descent via the Alum Trail. Difficulty: Hard with 11 miles and 2,920 feet elevation gain over rocky terrain. https://www.alltrails.com/expl...
- Day 2: 4 miles to the top of Clingman's Dome, highest point on the Appalachian Trail and in Tennessee, via the Appalachian Trail. Difficulty: Moderate with 3.5 miles and 1,283 feet elevation gain over rocky terrain. https://www.alltrails.com/expl...
Fundraising Minimum: $750 per participant with 100% of donations going to St. Jude. EXIT is matching the first $20k!
Schedule of events (subject to change)
- 4pm: Arrival at campsite (127 Cosby Park Rd, Cosby, TN – Group Camp #1) (Those arriving by air, plan to meet shuttle at Knoxville Airport at 2:30 pm.)
- 6pm: Dinner provided by camp host (BBQ pulled pork, vegetarian option TBD)
- 7pm: Summit Flag signing and “campfire” stories, S’mores
- 6am: Breakfast provided by camp host (egg biscuit, fruit, yogurt)
- 7am: Shuttle pickup, travel to Alum Cave Trail, arrival 8am
- 8am – 6pm: Full day of hiking – Summit and descend Mt LeConte via Alum Cave Trail – 11 miles, 2,920’ elevation gain (Trail lunch and snacks provided.)
- 6pm: Shuttle back to campsite, arrival 7pm
- 7:30pm: Dinner provided by camp host (fajitas, vegetarian option TBD, brownies)
- 7am: Breakfast provided by camp host (pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt)
- 8am: Shuttle pickup, travel to Fork Ridge Junction, arrival 9:15am
- 9:15am-1pm: Hike to Clingman’s Dome on Appalachian Trail (highest point in TN) – 4 miles, with 1,283 feet elevation gain (Lunch and snacks provided.)
- 1pm: Shuttle back to campsite, arrival 2:30pm
- 3pm: “Goodbyes” and departure
- Keep Climbing Foundation event t-shirt.
- Fundraising social media graphics.
- Fully guided expedition with certified guides.
- Meals & trail food prepared by our camp host.
- Permit to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
- Group campsite. (Cosby Group Camp, Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Recreation.gov)
- REI tent rental for the weekend. Sleeping bags and pads can be rented for $33 upon request.
- Group transportation to/from trailheads provided by our guide company.
- Group transportation to/from Knoxville airport provided by our guide company, upon request. (Shuttle will leave airport for camp at 2:30 pm. Please plan flights accordingly.)
- Additional hiking equipment rentals available upon request.
Hiking shoes or boots, water for the day (2-3L), bug spray, sunscreen, hat for sun protection, rain jacket, rain pants recommended, hiking poles recommended, quick dry & moister wicking clothing, warm layers, non-cotton hiking socks, extra pair of socks, first aid kit, flashlight, daypack for hiking, sleeping bag and sleeping pad (rentals available), camp clothing, camp toiletries, camp bedding (i.e pillow & blankets), camp chair (limited seats available).
Training Plan: How to Train for Hiking - REI
CFTK AT Frequently Asked Questions
100% of participant donations will support our charitable partner!
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a global leader in advancing cures and means of prevention for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases through research and treatment. Keep Climbing Foundation is proud to partner with St. Jude with our 2nd Climb for the Kids, Appalachian Trail.
Join us or donate today!
1. Click the "Register or Donate" button to purchase your entry ticket.
2. Click the "Fundraising" button on the top of this page to start fundraising.
EXIT Southeast made this event possible as our exclusive Title Partner and donation match partner. Thank you!
Keep Climbing Foundation is a 501(c)(3) that
organizes mountain climbing fundraisers in order
to raise money and awareness for children’s and