My mission is to give.
This year, I have made a goal to live this idea more fully. I am donating 5% of my annual business profits from Staaterman Coaching / Staaterman Enterprises, LLC (www.staceystaaterman.com) to the West Essex YMCA's Annual Fundraising Campaign. West Essex YMCA is a division of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges, a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator, and a 501(c)3 non-profit social services organization.
Why the Y? My family is a Y family. For more than 14 years, the Y has helped me and my husband navigate the complexities of being working parents by offering great programs and childcare options for our daughter. In 2021, my husband renewed his strength by participating in the YMCA/Live Strong wellness program for those living with cancer.
In 2019, I joined the West Essex YMCA’s Board of Managers and my 2021 and 2022 give-back commitment more deeply aligns me with an organization I am proud to champion.
When you do business with my company, a part of your investment supports the YMCA’s mission to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The West Essex YMCA prides itself on ensuring that no one is ever turned away from one of our programs because they can not afford to participate. The Annual Fundraising Campaign funds key programs and financial assistance to deserving individuals, families, and children in the West Essex YMCA’s New Jersey service area (West Orange, Roseland, Livingston, and Caldwell.)
While the world around us has changed, the Y has remained a constant force of good, providing critical services that are helping our communities impacted by the crises of the past year. In addition to health and wellness programs the Y is known for, did you know the Y has provided:
In, 2021, West Essex YMCA (serving Livingston, West Orange, Caldwell, and Roseland) leveraged the campaign funds ($337,000) to support:
- 48 Lives Changed through Swim Lessons
- 1 in 9 children enrolled in Summer Camp were provided some form of financial assistance
- 1 in 4 children served in the Early Childcare Learning Center received some form of financial assistance
- Over 82 Memberships provided to individuals or families in need
- 1 in 20 School Age Child Care recipients were provided some form of financial assistance
Across the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges - Association wide statistics:
- Delivered 1.4 million pounds of food to those at risk
- Gave 3,220 kids an amazing summer camp experience
- Provided financial aid to 1 in 5 kids in our summer camps
- Changed 373 lives by teaching kids how to swim
- Utilized the skills of 345 volunteers to strengthen our
- Provided a safe and welcoming community for senior
- Provided child-care financial assistance to 524 families in
- Awarded a total of $2 million in aid to friends, neighbors,