My mission to give.
This year, I have made a goal to live this idea more fully. I am donating 5% of my annual business profits from Staaterman Coaching / Staaterman Enterprises, LLC (www.staceystaaterman.com) to the West Essex YMCA's Annual Fundraising Campaign. West Essex YMCA is a division of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges, a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator, and a 501(c)3 non-profit social services organization.
Why the Y? My family is a Y family. For more than 13 years, the Y has helped me and my husband navigate the complexities of being working parents by offering great programs and childcare options for our daughter. In 2019, I joined the West Essex YMCA’s Board of Managers and my 2021 give-back commitment more deeply aligns me with an organization I am proud to champion.
When you do business with my company, a part of your investment supports the YMCA’s mission to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. The West Essex YMCA prides itself on ensuring that no one is ever turned away from one of our programs because they can not afford to participate. The Annual Fundraising Campaign funds key programs and financial assistance to deserving individuals, families, and children in the West Essex YMCA’s New Jersey service area (West Orange, Roseland, Livingston, and Caldwell.)
While the world around us has changed, the Y has remained a constant force of good, providing critical services that are helping our communities impacted by the crises of the past year. In addition to health and wellness programs the Y is known for, did you know the Y has provided:
- Delivered 1.1 million pounds of food to those at risk
- Gave 3,220 kids an amazing summer camp experience
- Provided financial aid to 1 in 4 kids in our summer camps
- Changed 139 lives by teaching kids how to swim
- Utilized the skills of 345 volunteers to strengthen our communities
- Provided a safe and welcoming community for senior citizens
- Provided child-care financial assistance for 266 families in need