Promo Codes are a staple of any event. There's no better way to drum up early excitement, give your closest supporters an extra incentive, encourage event promoters with special discounts, and so much more – which is why we added this feature to work hand-in-hand with our industry-leading fundraising events product.
As with all Events features, every attendee using Promo Codes has the option of adding a donation to their ticket purchase, and will receive an email receipt + PDF ticket with a QR code for ticket scanning (check-in).
How Promo Codes Work
You can have unlimited uniquely named codes that can be set to active or inactive for any of your campaigns.
There are two types of discount codes you can offer:
- Fixed - i.e. $10 off
- Percent - i.e. 10% off
You can then apply the code to any of your tickets:
- Apply to all tickets (default) - i.e. General Admission, Premium, and VIP
- Apply to certain tickets - i.e. ONLY General Admission
Set usage limits:
- Unlimited (default): code can be used an unlimited number of times
- Limited: code can only be used X number of times
Optionally add start & end dates, great for promotions like "Early Bird" discounts:
- Start Date: code becomes available after this date/time
- Expiration Date: code expires after this date/time
Lastly, Promo Codes work seamlessly with Givebutter's new Offline Donations features, so you can issue free or discounted tickets right from the dashboard.
See this feature in action by doing the following:
- Visit our demo campaign: https://demo.givebutter.com/events
- Click "Donate & Tickets"
- Click "Enter promotional code"
- Enter "EARLYBIRD" > click "GO"
- Promo code applied!