The Farmory invites you to Give for Gills and Greens, our 2021 annual fundraiser! Our work accomplishes more than simply teaching about how to grow fish and plants. Our programs improve the quality of life for everyone by ensuring a sustainable local food supply, advancing job opportunities, and enabling families’ access to healthy, nutritious foods.
We appreciate gifts at all levels. Your gifts can help us in the following ways:
- $50 purchases lab supplies for student learners
- $100 plants an edible garden bed in front of The Farmory
- $250 helps construct our new Aquaponics education system
- $350 supports a student intern stipend at The Farmory
- $500 supports a scholarship for a FarmoryWorks participant
- $1,000 sponsors a community workshop on sustainable agriculture
Our FarmoryWorks programs provide educational opportunities for people of all ages.
Through our K-12 Experience Series, The Farmory provides educational outreach programs for youth in the K-12 age range. Scouts, 4H, FFA, school classrooms, and any other community-based education groups can be registered for our guided, curriculum-based tours.
For adults age 18+ we offer two major educational programs: Our Aquaculture Technician Program and our Aquaculture Entrepreneur Program.
Our Aquaculture Technician Program in
troduces aquaculture techniques for careers in many areas of sustainable agriculture. Graduates are qualified for employment in a variety of positions associated with aquaculture, aquaponics, water management, and local food system efforts. Take a closer look at our Aquaculture Technician Program.
Our Aquaculture Entrepreneur Program helps aspiring entrepreneurs complete a business concept plan to start (or expand) their business operations by learning from industry experts. Want to become an aqua-preneur? Learn more here: Aqua Culture Entrepreneur Program.
With your active participation we will be able to accomplish our 2021 goals, including:
- workforce development training for over 50 individuals participating in our FarmoryWorks technician programs
- entrepreneurship training for up to 12 budding business owners
- sustainable agriculture career exposure to over 500 K-12 students
- improvements to our physical spaces, such as the installation of an edible garden bed in the front of our building, building a new aquaponics educational system, and adding "water" to our hatchery space that enables our future production goals.
Thank you for your help and dedication to The Farmory and ensuring our mission for the future of Green Bay!