3 weeks 2 days remaining
121% of $15,000 goal
Join a Team
We are participating in the Marine Corps Marathon and the MCM10K on October 29th, 2023 to honor, empower, and support the women who have answered the call to serve our nation in their transition to the civilian sector.
Please consider making a donation to support us and encourage our runners!
Foundation for Women Warriors is a 103-year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and empowering the women veteran community.
We serve women veterans and their children so that their next mission is clear and continues to impact the world. Our programs address the growing needs of the increasing population of military women transitioning to civilian life. We meet the top four needs that women veterans have self-identified as crucial to the success of their transition: education, employment, housing, and childcare.
Women Veteran Emergency and Transition Services program is dedicated to the prevention of homelessness and enhances the personal and economic wellbeing of women and their families. We do this through our pipeline of services:
• Emergency financial assistance stipends for rent, utilities and emergency needs to prevent homelessness and enhance family stability.
• Childcare assistance to empower women veterans to attain/maintain employment and/or pursue their college degrees.
• Online financial literacy and professional development education.
• Working with our veterans to create monthly/annual budgets and establish SMART goals to address self-sufficiency, employment, housing, financial, and personal wellbeing.
• Critical household goods and baby supplies to reduce monthly costs.
• Connecting women veterans to local resources for other areas of need such as mental health, legal, and employment opportunities.
Last Fiscal Year we served a total of 1,862 unduplicated women and children of which 94% of our financial assistance clients remained in their homes for at least 6 months and 94% remained employed OR enrolled/graduated degree programs.
Direct all questions via email: [email protected].
To learn more about the Foundation for Women Warriors Foundation and our programs, please visit: www.foundationforwomenwarriors.org