3% of $10,000 goal
Research shows that children are “race aware” at a very early age. School is one of the major breeding grounds for racism to grow. Today’s children need strong skills and confidence to handle bias in the classroom, cafeteria, and playground. Building positive self- esteem early is vital to a child’s healthy development . . . waiting until the teen years is valuable time lost.
Our Summer Advocates Camp for Kids for Grades 1-5 is a collective effort to support, reinforce or expand upon what parents are teaching their children at home. In this playful setting, children will be taught age- appropriate antiracism skills.
Camp will be held: August 8 - 12
During this week, children will:
• Be taught by trained, sensitive teachers and positive community role models
• Learn in a fun-filled environment
• Receive a free copy of all books used in class
Campers will learn:
• To see themselves as unique, beautiful, kind and able person
• Recognize actions and words that embody racial bias
• Acquire skills to deal safely with racism in their individual world