During these unprecedented times, your support has brought priceless security and connection to Chatham's seniors and their families. Since we closed our two centers to in-facility programming in mid-March, the Council has continued its vital efforts to serve Chatham County seniors and their families during this historic and catastrophic pandemic.
The words of seniors and families best relate the impact of our work. Here are a few examples:
- "It's a great family to be a part of, so loving and supportive. I owe much to the Council. I am in better physical and mental health. Joining the Eastern Center was the best decision I have made in years. I feel blessed to have met so many good people I have come to love. So glad we can still keep in touch!"
- "Thank you for caring and reaching out to me. Things are so expensive when you are on a fixed income."
- “Thank you for the frozen meals we receive.”
- “I want to tell you how much I appreciate all involved in your drive-by birthday parade…such a kind gesture and such a delightful break from the dreadful virus confinement we all observe. Thank you for making my day beautiful.”
- “Thanks to the Council I am able to get out on my own for a couple of hours…pure bliss time to enjoy nature and drive with the windows rolled down. This is a difficult time.” [family caregiver]
- “Thank you very much for all the work you do to get me the diapers that I use and need. It has been a
tremendous help money-wise. Please keep up the tremendous job you are doing to help us seniors.”
- "I would like to express my sincere thanks for your organization. With the virus upheaval, I am not able to get to NC to help my parents. Your Meals on Wheels program has helped relieve so much worry."
- "My Mom, Dad, and I were so grateful for your services, The transportation staff and in-home care were phenomenal. I have spoken your praises to all who could use you! Thank you all for helping my parents remain at home during their later years.
You gave them so much."
- “Me & Mom just wanted to let everyone at COA know how much all of your hard work & generosity have meant to us. You are truly God sent.”
As 2020 nears its close and we enter this season of holidays…we are asking you to partner with us through a generous one-time or recurring donation and to help us spread the word to your friends, colleagues and loved ones. Given the impact of COVID-19 on our "normal" fundraising efforts, your support is especially crucial at this time.
We have set a year-end goal to raise $25,000 in order to continue to make a difference in the lives of the increasing number of seniors and family caregivers seeking assistance during these uncertain times.
Please join in supporting our efforts as a Chatham County nonprofit in our 46th year of promoting the health and well-being of seniors and helping them remain living safely at home. And let us know if we can help in any way.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season,
Larry Ross, Board President
Dennis W. Streets, Executive Director