57% of $20,000 goal
by 17 supporters
Solinsky Bat Wings
Back to all
Camp Good Mourning! 2nd Annual Team Chicken Wing Eating Challenge!
Sunday at 12:00 PM EST
• February 6th at Levittown Hall 201 Levittown Parkway Hicksville NY 11801 • Doors open at 12noon • Purchase raffle basket tickets and Super Bowl Pool tickets PRIOR TO Wing Challenge • Wing challenge starts promptly at 1pm followed by announcement of Raffle Baskets Winners! COMPETITION RULES • Wing eating competition is open to all amateur eaters of all ages and who are in good health • Professional eaters, persons recognized by the AICE, the IFOCE, or members of any professional eating organization are NOT ELIGIBLE • 2 WING EATERS per team • Any competitor with a serious ailment or health problem may not compete in the contest • ALL competitors will be required to complete a waiver and release provided by Camp Good Mourning! • Competitors may eat sitting down or standing up in their designated areas • Wings must be substantially consumed as determined by officials, otherwise they will not count • Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones (stripping bones of meat first and eating the meat afterwards is not allowed) • Competitors may not touch the wing basket or wings before the contest beings • If the competitor vomits or regurgitates at any time during the competition, they will be disqualified • Use of utensils is not allowed • Competitors may not make physical contact with any other competitor at any time. • If contingencies or disputes arise at the contest/before, during, or after, that is not explicitly covered by these official rules, the Executive Judge's decision will stand with the same finality as the rules.
On February 2, 2022, CBS News reporter Jenna Deangelis profiled Camp Good Mourning! and one of its campers. Now, other children and families know that there is a place where they can come together and know that they are not alone.Support Camp Good Mourning! at CGM's! 2nd Annual Team Chicken Wing-Eating Challenge! on Sunday Feb 6th at 1pm! It's an afternoon of wing-eating, raffle baskets and silent auction!
No fee to walk in the door!
Did you know that:
• 1 in 7 Americans experience the death of a parent and/or sibling by the age of 20?
• this equates to 4 students in every average - sized classroom . . . with each of those students not necessarily knowing that the other 3 have also experienced a similar loss?
• an additional 167,000 American children have lost a parent or custodial caregiver due to COVID?
• 92% of educators believe that childhood grief is a serious problem that needs more attention from schools?
Camp Good Mourning! is a Huntington-based 501c3 nonprofit organization that provides FREE bereavement camp programs for Long Island children coping with the death of a parent and/or sibling.
Camp Good Mourning! takes place in a traditional camp setting with one extra special component – Grief Support Groups. Each support group focuses on different themes including, but not limited to, sharing your grief story, identifying and exploring feelings, identifying healthy as well as unhealthy coping skills, and learning ways to stay connected to loved ones even though they are no longer physically with them. Just as important, we encourage campers to stay in touch with new camp friends in between camp to create their own “community of support.”
Camp Good Mourning! takes place at Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck in Center Moriches, NY -- a small south shore town between Patchogue and West Hampton. CAMP Pa-Qua-Tuck has all-season cabins, a petting farm, a pond for fishing, swimming and boating, and lots of space and activities for campers to participate in.
On September 1, 2021, Newsday published a flattering full-page article about Camp Good Mourning! with powerful impact statements from camper parents. We encourage you to read it.
Camp Good Mourning! has earned the SILVER SEAL OF TRANSPARENCY through GuideStar, the world's largest source of information about nonprofit organizations.
Join us for fun time in which proceeds from this fundraiser will go to Camp Good Mourning!
On behalf of our campers and their families . . . THANK YOU!
Executive Director, Camp Good Mourning!