96% of $10,000 goal
The mission of Catherine’s Family and Youth Services (CFYS) organization is to help improve the quality of life for all residents living in Northwest Baltimore City and surrounding areas. CFYS is dedicated to serving the low to no income families, the LGBTIA+ community, and youth within our target area with services that will help improve the quality of life and family.
To provide tools necessary to educate and empower the residents of Northwest Baltimore City with improving their quality of life and social well-being.
Free Afterschool and Summer Programs for Youth ages 4-17, young adult workforce development for ages 14-21 during summer months.
- Our Free Youth programs serve between 20-35 youth and focuses on character and social skill development, homework help/tutoring, small group and 1:1 mentorship, enrichment programs like step, dance, acting, 3D printing, cooking and creative writing clubs, exposure field trips that include cultural, social, recreational, educational and philanthropic experiences and so much more. During the summer months, our youth enjoy horse back riding and golf, we had the opportunity to do both this past summer in partnership with a local farmer and Five Iron Golf. These are just a few experiences that really shape our program. Here are few of our greatest needs for our youth programs:
CFYS Food Pantry and Diaper Hub provides access to fresh food, resources and baby essentials to neighbors and families experiencing food insecurity.
- Our Free Food Pantry and Diaper Hub started in 2020 during the start of the pandemic as a call to action to serve our community. We started serving 100 people weekly to a growing 300-500 people per week, providing them with hot meals and/or fresh produce in partnership with Grace Fellowship Church, Sharebaby MD, and World Central Kitchen. CFYS has hosted at least 10 pop up food giveaways/ food pantry giveaways this year that served well over 3,500 families this year alone. To date, CFYS provides diapers and baby essentials to at least 300 mom/dads with babies or small toddler age children. Our Food Pantry offers a wide selection of items like dry foods, fresh produce, meats and household toiletries. In Spring 2023 we will be launching our Fresh Food Vending Machine that will offer low cost, healthy food options when our food pantry is closed. Here are a few of our greatest needs for our Food Pantry and Diaper Hub:
- Fresh Food and Nonperishables to keep pantry stocked
- Baby Formula, Pullups, Incontinence Supplies
- Pet Food and Household Toiletry Items
- Additional Staffing (Youth Interns and Part time staff) during pantry days to pick up sort donations, serve and deliver food
In Addition, CFYS Community and Holiday Outreach Programs served over 4,000 families in 2021. Catherine's Closet (clothing giveaway), Community Food Giveaways. Annual Back to School Event, Annual Harvest Festival, Annual Thanksgiving Giveaway and Annual Christmas Event serve children families and older adults throughout Baltimore City.
Our Youth Programs and Food Pantry are two programs that are important to neighbors in our community. They are vital programs and they are keeping hope alive in our neighborhoods, one family at a time. With your support, we can continue to serve children and families that are facing life's most troubling challenges. 2 packs of diapers and 1 can of formula can cost about $50 a week for a family. Make a difference today, give back.
We are a 501c3 non-profit , tax exempt organization. All donations are tax deductible. EIN- 47-3335842
Thank you in advance for your support.