Please join the fight for social justice by supporting the Black Lives Matter movement! Advocates for Social Justice are demanding that the leaders of Cedar Rapids take real action to meet our 7 demands for police reform and the dismantling of systemic racism and oppression in our community.
1. Citizen’s Review Board
2. Significant investment in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
3. Ban the use of Choke-holds, Knee-to-neck Maneuvers (and other lethal restraining techniques) and Strengthen Existing Use of Force Standards
4. Decriminalize minor marijuana crimes and other lower-level offenses.
5. Impose Strict Body Camera Provisions.
6. Make the negotiations between municipal authorities (management) and the bargaining units that represent police officers public.
7. Abolish Qualified Immunity.
We need 10,000 people from the Greater Cedar Rapids Area to support our goals . Can YOU support us in reaching our fundraising goal of $150,000?
Create an account or login below to leave your name alongside your comment or reaction