87% of $50,000 goal
Walking into 2023
Tuesday from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST
We will be going LIVE on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. All accounts @blackownedmaine
We will be going live on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin.
Note: This page serves as the primary landing spot for our annual fundraising campaign AND our Sustainability + Innovation event. Feel free to grab tickets to the virtual event OR donate but it is not required to do both. If you cannot make this event, please join us Wednesday, December 7th at 6 PM.
Black Owned Maine is a young but powerful Black-led and Black-serving nonprofit organization in Portland, Maine, USA. Our work lies at the intersection of race and socioeconomics; education and advocacy. We have spent the last two years pioneering the way Black entrepreneurs are served in Maine and have concluded that sustainability and innovation will drive vast success.
The majority of our work has been made possible through community contributions. A community that understands that Black entrepreneurs are best taught and served by their own people. Join us to learn more about our programming and consider making a financial contribution to Black economic liberation.
Your gift will fund the following:
- Business Formation Basics (BFB): A program designed to led quarterly cohorts of 5-7 Black sole proprietors through the process of forming an LLC, opening a business bank account, and the other foundational elements of forming a business.
- Ecosystem Research and Development: A deep dive into thriving Black ecosystems across the globe to gain a better understanding of infrastructures, lived life experiences, and methods for sustainability.
- Marketing Accelerator: BOM's core has always been marketing. However, we have realized that we cannot properly market businesses who do not have their basic foundations set. In comes the BFB, next comes partnerships with local economic agencies, and next comes Marketing Accelerator. While still in development, this program will be orchestrated to give Black businesses the knowledge necessary to drive revenue through marketing.
- Directory Maintenance: Our 400 + member directory is in a constant state of evolution. It is imperative that this resource be accurate and up to date. Without our directory we have no foundation.
- Advocacy: We will continue to fight for Black entrepreneurs right to access equitable business education. Help us end gatekeeping and systemic methods of information withholding.
Please join us on Giving Tuesday, November 30th at 10 am to hear more about our impact and strategic vision as we move in 2023. Tickets can be reserved by clicking the orange 'Donate and Tickets' button above.
If you cannot join us on the 30th, please join us Wednesday, December 7th at 6 PM. Tickets can be found at here.
Corporate Philanthropists + Partners - Please contact Joshua Brister at [email protected] before making a contribution.
We welcome any fundraisers to help reach our goal but we do ask for notification beforehand to ensure brand alignment.
- Rose + the BOM team