Help the Clatskanie Food Hub grow into PHASE TWO! We're building a COMMERCIAL KITCHEN!
A commercial kitchen in the food hub will allow us to:
Capture waste & create value
Educate, incubate & inspire
Build local economy
$65,000 by March '24 will support:
commercial gas range & hood fan
dehydrators & canning equipment
prep tables & food storage
permitting & licensing fees
A vibrant community shares good food
and a strong connection to the Earth which nourishment it.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION!
Every donor will receive a tax deductible receipt.
The Clatskanie Food Hub is a year-round non-profit local food marketplace, farm to table venue and food literacy classroom!
All the food found in our marketplace is produced and/or processed within a 100 mile radius of Clatskanie.
We accept FDNP checks, cash and all major credit cards for payment. EBT/SNAP and Double Up Food Bucks coming soon!
We’re connecting Columbia County to our North Coast regional food system!
This program has been funded by our amazing community (YOU!), Oregon Coast Visitors Association, Ford Family Foundation, Columbia Pacific Economic Development District, Oregon Community Foundation, and too many in-kind donations to name here!
By shopping at the Clatskanie Food Hub you...
1. put 80% of your dollar in the pockets of local producers, that's a big margin!
2. give 20% of your dollar to CFM towards growing and supporting local producers getting to market... No middle people!
3. lessen energy consumption & pollution from long distance transportation
4. reduce greenhouse gas emissions from big-Ag farms using artificial fertilizer and soil degrading practices
5. protect our waterways from fertilizer runoff
6. rebuild soils with regenerative agriculture practices
7. commit to supporting fair labor practices
8. boost our local economy by circulating dollars in our region
9. increase nutrition and shelf life in your pantry
10. BUILD COMMUNITY
Our growing regional food system!
Join some of the MANY friends working to connect local consumers with local producers like: North Coast Food Collaborative, Astoria Food Hub, North Coast Food Web, North Coast Commons, Food Roots, Food Hub Club, Turning Point, Oregon Food Bank, Farm to School, and countless farmers, distributors, and slow food activists!