No team members yet, be the first!
Happy Birthday Coach Lindsay!!
Help Us Celebrate with a donation in Lindsay's honor to Girls Unite, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Lindsay Kauffman (aka Coach Lindsay, aka Coach Pickles) is the founding Director of Girls Unite, and has worked incredibly hard to build an extraordinary community and athletic opportunities for female-identifying youth in San Francisco.
What started as a single individual’s dream and passion project is now a well-supported multi-faceted non-profit organization that serves hundreds of youth through camps, workshops, and competitive league play; advances the training and leadership opportunities of dozens of female coaches and referees; and cultivates a love for community service and engagement.
Some highlights of 2022 include:
- Growth of the Weee Kickin’ It program, bringing an outstanding curriculum for motor development, teamwork, and confidence to 3-6 year olds.
- Spectacular winter, spring, summer and fall seasons with teams participating in soccer league play, futsal, and beach soccer tournaments.
- Piloting of writing workshops
- Welcoming Coach Kierra as a dedicated director of our 7v7 program
- Hosting multiple female coaching courses
- Training a squad of new female referees
- Euro Cup trip in summer 2022
- Significant expansion of our financial aid program, enabling Girls Unite to offer incredible opportunities and high level of competition to all youth.
Looking forward towards the new year, Coach Lindsay has ambitious plans to continue to improve programming and experiences for girls through Girls Unite. Effort is being put into recruiting high level coaches and training all current coaches in a continuous curriculum that will span ages and levels of development. Coaches will also continue to pursue professional development and advance in their licensing to assume higher levels of leadership within the world of US soccer. Girls Unite hopes to sponsor additional referee training as well to increase the presence of female officials on local pitches. Girls Unite will also work to expand workshops, trainings, and programs for Girls Unite players in adjacent areas. With continued support we will also continue providing financial support as needed to ensure that all youth are able to participate in Girls Unite programming.
We are so thankful for Lindsay and her energy, enthusiasm, and persistence. Please consider making a donation in Lindsay's honor - and support her efforts to cultivate a safe and inclusive space for girls to grow into their best potential on and off the pitch.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and generosity on behalf of the Girls Unite Board of Directors!
Happy New Year,
Girls Unite Board of Directors:
Girls Unite is a San Francisco-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID #: 47-3586282) empowering young women through soccer, community building, and female mentorship.