Cancer Wellness House DBA Survivor Wellness is an IRS 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit organization, EIN 87-0568405. Thank you for supporting this remarkable cancer care community, providing services since 1997. Read more in "Our Story", below!
• DONATE in honor of a loved one affected by cancer - a family member, loved one, friend, community member or colleague.
• DONATE in honor of your own cancer journey, knowing that your donation enables another individual who has heard the words "You have cancer" to receive the support they need.
• DONATE to carry on the 25+ year legacy of this remarkable "sanctuary in the city", founded in 1997 as Cancer Wellness House and continuing today as Survivor Wellness.
Your ONE-TIME DONATION allows a member of Survivor Wellness to receive services and support in the cancer care community at 59 S 1100 E!
Your RECURRING DONATION allows a member to receive ONGOING services and support!
• A gift of $25 per month allows one cancer survivor to join a weekly class or support group, reducing social isolation and increasing resilience.
• $100 per month provides one cancer survivor with monthly individual health counseling or body work treatment sessions, increasing wellness for the individual affected by a cancer diagnosis.
• $500 per month supports the Survivor Institute at Survivor Wellness, investing in the training and education of a health counselor or integrative health care provider.
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Cancer Wellness House dba Survivor Wellness is a 501(c)(3) IRS-registered tax-exempt organization, EIN # 87-0568405.
For over 25 years, Survivor Wellness, founded in 1997 as Cancer Wellness House, has provided the cancer survivor community with lifetime access to affordable, high-quality integrative health care services and support in a home-like environment. Programming is provided free of charge or at a reduced rate for anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis (including caregivers and loved ones), and includes: group and individual health counseling and support; individual integrative health care therapies (massage therapy, reiki, yoga therapy, etc.), group classes (yoga, qigong, mindfulness, etc.), community events, wellness retreats, and more.
Survivor Wellness also offers integrative health care trainees, providers and clinicians with education, training, and startup business opportunities via our incubator program, The Survivor Institute.
Programs are delivered at our beautiful campus located in two historic homes in central Salt Lake City with 40,000 square feet of space, including a yoga/movement studio and event space, a private counseling cottage, as well as beautiful gardens and outdoor spaces. (Online options are also available for certain programs.)
We accept anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis, without any demonstration of financial need. Just as the course of cancer cannot be predicted, neither can the effects of diagnosis and treatment - physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and financial. Programming is intended to alleviate the burdens and increase wellness in all of these areas.
As our clients say, "This place heals the things the doctors cannot."
Programming at Survivor Wellness is funded by foundations, businesses, and individuals like you.
We provide an estimated 1000 user days per year, and around 65% of our clientele live at or below the AMI. We are extremely grateful for the support of our donors and granting organizations.
All donors are encouraged to attend our annual event, Survivors at the Summit, which has been held continuously for 25 years. We celebrate the triumph of the human spirit with the ascent to the summit of Hidden Peaks at Snowbird Resort, where yellow Tribute Flags inscribed with names of those living with and lost to cancer fly their messages over the Wasatch Mountains.
This organization was established by Tika Beard and a host of courageous members and dedicated caregivers of the cancer community in Salt Lake City, Utah. The current staff and administration of Survivor Wellness offers our deepest respect and gratitude to these trailblazers.
Our organization honors the history of Holy Cross Hospital, the Montgomery Family, and those who work courageously to serve those living with cancer in the Salt Lake City area.
We acknowledge that Survivor Wellness sits on the ancestral ground and homelands of the indigenous Ute, Paiute, Shoshone and Goshute tribes.