- Illumination Foundation presents In Chef's Kitchen - A Virtual Cooking Series
100% of the ticket proceeds will go directly back to Cambalache.
During this exciting Virtual Cooking Class you will be making Argentine Steak with Homemade Chimichurri Sauce with Chef Leo Razo from Villa Roma and Cambalache!
- 2 Filet Mignon 1⁄2 pound each (8oz)
- Sea Salt / Granulated Salt
- 3 Bunch Parsley - chopped
- 3 Cups Olive Oil (Buy 1 liter so we can make
- Ground Ají (Argentine Pepper Flakes)
- 1 Teaspoon of fine chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (Need 5 additional
Lemons for Dressing
- Black Pepper
- One small bag of mixed greens
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- Few Kalamata Olives (if desired)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. white wine vinegar
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. Baking flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 oz. Rum
- 4 oz. Dulce de leche (cream caramel)
- Cutting Board
- 4 medium size bowls to mix
- 1 or 2 Manual Mixers
- Stove Top
- Sautée Pan
- Catena Chardonnay – to start
- Catena Alta Malbec – for dinner
- Leo Razo is co-founder and Executive Chef of Villa Roma Argentine & Italian Restaurant in Laguna Hills. He came to the United States in the early 1990’s from birthplace in Jalisco, Mexico. Before becoming the chef and owner of Villa Roma, Leo had shared his talents in well-known restaurants like Carmelo’s in Corona del Mar, Viva Italia in Laguna Beach and Sea Cliff Country Club in Huntington Beach. Leo enjoys delighting people with unique culinary adventures and has purposely traveled extensively throughout Argentina and Italy to study their culture, food and history.
- Leo began his culinary profession as a dishwasher and added lots of passion, hard work, long hours and many sacrifices. Today he is grateful to have and amazing team running Villa Roma Restaurant, Villa Roma Market & Deli and Villa Roma Catering. With Leo’s leadership and his contagious passion Villa Roma has been recognized numerous times by press, regional organizations, congress, senate and other business leaders for his dedication and contributions to our Southern California community as a small business, his philanthropic involvement and community empowerment.
- Leo’s greatest satisfaction is to see guests enjoy his food, service, ambiance and values. He enjoys delighting Orange County residents and tourists with the best Argentine & Italian cuisine. He is proud of each of his staff and considers them as his extended family. Leo believes in building and supporting each other. His purpose is to continue serving the community and providing our guests and friends with high quality, delicious food and cultural experience.
- “My passion is to prepare and serve food not only to satisfy the palate, but to satisfy the senses and soul.” – Chef Leo Razo