This donation will help a lot to achieve Mindful of Nature's mission and objectives which are:
To foster people’s connection, awareness and love of the natural world through offering mindfulness-based nature practices, programs and retreats, which in turn helps people develop a care and stewardship for the earth and all species.
Mindful of Nature Objectives:
1.To educate and guide people in the techniques and practices of mindfulness in nature that support a deeper and more engaged relationship with the natural world.
2. To offer programs where people access a natural sense of well-being, healing, joy and peace through meditation in nature.
3.To increase access to nature for underserved populations, elders and communities who diminished access to the outdoors.
4. Offer programs encouraging youth and young adults that foster understanding and connection to their local environment.
5. To offer programs to first responders, health care workers, teachers and other service professionals as a support for resilience, mental health and well-being.
6. To work with leaders, change makers and environmental visionaries and support them using nature based practices and perspectives.
7. Delivering evidence based programs and courses available in various formats, from half day to one day offsite programs, to multi-week courses, to residential retreats.
8. To conduct research on current nature meditation programs that demonstrate the efficacy of cultivating mindfulness in nature
Mindful of Nature origins
Mindful of Nature draws on the work and teachings of Mark Coleman, Buddhist meditation teacher, author and founder / director of Awake in the Wild, an organization dedicated to delivering mindfulness in nature retreats, programs, classes and teacher trainings for over twenty years worldwide.