Safe Spaces for Perinatal Families
Fear of being shamed, judged, tracked, or watched after asking for help & support is real. We’re changing this by making it safe to feel seen, process, speak up…
Advocate With Us.
At the highest level, our mission is to support individuals and families by meeting them exactly where they are with precisely the help they need. One size does not fit all. Creating a safe space for every parent’s journey takes a village of diversified support people and a variety of ways to get connected.
You can help us foster this safe community of personalized help by joining us as an advocate for safe spaces.
- Acknowledge the need. The postpartum journey is bigger and more diverse than our personal experience will ever comprehend, and the impacts of each journey ripple out far past immediate family members. Educational and personal connection opportunities that honor the complicated journey, and the skilled people who make them possible, are the building blocks of our safe spaces.
- Commit to unbiased support. Implicit bias is too prevalent, especially in the communities that need our advocacy most. Join us and overtly commit to fair support by… [Add specific wording about badging system]
- Learn more. We prepared training specifically for our advocates to make sure we all foster concern and support for the parents and babies in our community, and do it with the intention and thoughtfulness that creates change.
- Donate. Executing our mission is only possible with your help. Every dollar counts and goes right into meeting a real-time, local, personal need. Become a Advocate for Safe Spaces with your sustaining monthly donation is a powerful way to ensure local parents can access classes, groups, and professional help.
- $25 can provide a box of diapers for an under-resourced family or room rental for one of our support groups.
$50 can provide birth recovery supplies and feminine hygiene products (not covered by federal benefits), or a hot meal to a new family without support. (or $5/monthly)
$100 can provide 3 hours of postpartum doula support for a new mother at risk for mental health struggles, who lacks both a local village and the funds to afford the support themselves. (or $10/monthly)
$1000 can provide a full eight session of professional maternal mental health therapy for a mom in true need. (or $100/monthly)
$1500 can provide the invaluable preventative and supportive benefits of a birth doula for a local Black underserved mother in our community. (or $150/monthly)