No team members yet, be the first!
An Evening at the Totem Pole Playhouse with GAEF Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Wednesday, August 9th, 7:30 PM EDT
• Curtain is 7:30 PM.
• Pre-Show Reception is 6:30 PM to 7:15 PM Sponsored by Members1st Federal Credit Union in the Members1st hospitality tent.
• $15.00 per ticket is deductible for federal income tax purposes.
• Accepted: All Major Credit Cards, PayPal, Venmo, and Personal Check (via postal mail after online purchase).
The Tony® Award-nominated musical Million Dollar Quartet takes place on December 4, 1956, when an extraordinary twist of fate brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley together at Sun Records in Memphis for what would be one of the greatest jam sessions ever. Million Dollar Quartet brings that legendary December night to life with an irresistible tale of broken promises, secrets, betrayal and celebrations that is both poignant and funny.
Relive the era with the smash-hit sensation featuring an incredible score of rock ‘n’ roll, gospel, R&B and country hits, performed live onstage by world-class actors and musicians. Showcased hit songs include “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Fever,” “Walk the Line,” “Sixteen Tons,” “Who Do You Love?,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Hound Dog,” and more.
Enjoy a GREAT SHOW and SUPPORT the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation and the STUDENTS of Gettysburg Area School District!
GAEF ticket holders are invited to a pre-show reception sponsored by Members 1st Federal Credit Union from 6:30 PM until 7:15 PM in the Members 1st Federal Credit Union hospitality tent.
The mission of the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation is to enhance student educational, social and cultural experiences through community support.
The work of Gettysburg Area Education Foundation is rooted in these beliefs:
• Investment in today’s children is an investment in the future.
• All students should have access to the resources they require to meet their potential.
• Our community recognizes the value of educational experiences.
• As a foundation we have a unique opportunity to engage our community.
• Our role is to support, not supplant, district services.
• Our school district employees are committed to quality.
• We have an obligation for responsible stewardship of the funds and resources entrusted to us.
Your ticket purchase will help the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation continue to provide:
Fundraising assistance to all Gettysburg Area School District organizations and staff through direct grants and access to GAEF's crowdfunding solution.
Grant writing assistance and support to Gettysburg Area School District organizations and staff.
Up to $3,000.00 in grants each year to Gettysburg Area School District staff to encourage classroom innovation and/or help solve funding challenges outside the annual building or department budget.
Grants for financial assistance to Gettysburg Area High School students enrolled in career and technical education classes to help cover registration and entry fees as well as travel, hotel, and meal costs for attending regional, state, and national competitions and conferences. Financial support for these grants is provided by the Larry R. and Janet M. Redding Designated Endowment Fund held by the Adams County Community Foundation
Gettysburg Area Education Foundation also provides fundraising opportunities to Gettysburg Area School District through access to its Pennsylvania Small Games of Chance license. Nearly $20,000.00 has been raised through raffles and 50/50 drawings since August 2022.