21% of $35,000 goal
No team members yet, be the first!
HELP US GROW
As 2022 comes to a close, we write to ask for your support. The Pine Hollow Arboretum is at a pivotal moment in its history, having seen a huge increase in visibility as a valuable Capital Region natural resource. The public uses our space as a place to connect safely with nature, experience the trees of the world, and leave our grounds feeling restored and inspired. We are thrilled to see more visitors enjoying the Pine Hollow Arboretum and are working hard to make sure everyone has an incredible experience. Because this space has proven its value as a sanctuary for humans and wildlife, it is critical that we continue to grow and improve our offerings for the community.
Annual giving donations are a main source of revenue for our organization so we can continue our operations while remaining free to the public. Please support us in a way that is personally meaningful to you, and help us continue our mission of preserving and managing our native and introduced trees.
Here are some of the 2022 highlights:
- The Pine Hollow Arboretum Visitor Center is now open for small events allowing us to host our own programs to further our mission, and rent out the facility to individuals, groups, and organizations.
- We offered monthly tours and therapeutic forest bathing walks to the public.
- We coordinated summer camps and school groups to tour the arboretum grounds, use microscopes to study water and plants, and learn about our native and introduced trees.
- We hosted students from SUNY-ESF, St. Rose College, and the University of Albany for research, film, and other environmental coursework.
- We cleaned up neglected piles of trees and logs from past storms throughout the arboretum during our many volunteer sessions to improve visitor experience.
Here are some of the ongoing and immediate needs:
- Funds are always needed for essential maintenance and upkeep of the Arboretum buildings, improvement of trail accessibility, and labeling of our horticultural collection.
- Renovation assistance for the Future Visitor Center. Once completed, this architecturally unique building can be open to the public daily and be used as an educational facility for school groups and other community-based organizations.
To learn more about the Pine Hollow Arboretum, head to our website.
Have a question? Email [email protected] or call 518-992-2033. We would love to hear from you!
Pictured above: The Founders Garden. This area of the arboretum is currently not open to the public. We hope that with additional staff and volunteers to help us maintain the arboretum, we can open this area in the near future for all to enjoy.