It has been a rough year for everyone in the theatre world. Theaters across the country were forced to shut the doors to theatregoers. Well we are making a comeback! Our youth organization is ready to get back on our feet with not only the fall, winter and summer sessions offered for the past several years but also an educational series that will head to schools, churches and theaters to provide programming for all ages. But we need your help to pay the actors, supply costumes, props and set pieces, as well as promote performances and keep our dynamic staff on board to make this a reality!
Jubricosa strives to instill self-confidence and responsibility in young people from ages 4-18 through our year-round sessions. Students learn basic theatre knowledge, engage in activities to overcome stage fright and blossom into amazing actors revealed in the performances. Though the name has changed, our organization has been providing youth theatre programs since 1989. Our directors are former students who have spent years in our program learning the fundamentals of theatre and developing their skills. We couldn't do it without them! Even better, we see many of them go on to pursue careers in theatre. We want to keep that going by developing a scholarship program to help with college expenses and offer summer internships to theatre majors.
Don't have money to spare? There are other ways you can help!
- Ask your employer or other business to sponsor our organization.
- Write grants. Be a part of a committee to search and apply for grants available to 501c3 nonprofits.
- Do your own fundraiser. Great for our students to encourage responsibility. Some ideas are rummage sales, candy bar, craft or wreath sales, bike or walk-a-thon, neighborhood carnival.
- Share our class registration and performances posts on FB and other social media.
- Send us a testimonial of your family's experience with Jubricosa that we can use on our website and advertising.
We have a lot to do! Won't you join us? Your contributions, whatever size, are greatly appreciated!
Create an account or login below to leave your name alongside your comment or reaction