Advocates for Social Justice
Black Lives Matter
Please join the fight for social justice by supporting Advocates for Social Justice as we demand the leaders of Cedar Rapids take real action to meet our 7 demands for police reform and the dismantling of systemic racism and oppression in our community.
1. Citizen’s Review Board
2. Significant investment in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
3. Ban the use of Choke-holds, Knee-to-neck Maneuvers (and other lethal restraining techniques) and Strengthen Existing Use of Force Standards
4. Decriminalize minor marijuana crimes and other lower-level offenses.
5. Impose Strict Body Camera Provisions.
6. Make the negotiations between municipal authorities (management) and the bargaining units that represent police officers public.
7. Abolish Qualified Immunity.