Please note: tickets are required to attend this event.
Tickets are only $15 per each person watching/listening to the concert. Proceeds from the fundraiser will go to help support the activities of Edgewater-Uptown's Care For Real and Lakeview Panty organizations. Together they provide food, pet food, clothing and wellness and employment services to our neighbors in need. More information on these organizations, the concert, tickets, payment options and the Chicago Uptown Lions Club is in the 'Story' section just below.
This event will be hosted digitally.
Our fundraising Virtual Concert will be hosted Live online on Zoom. You can watch and/or listen to the concert online on Zoom or by telephone calling a special phone number. This information will be sent to you by email shortly after your ticket purchase.
Below is more information about watching/listening to the concert and ticket - donation payment and information about...
• The two beneficiary local organizations we are supporting with funds raised (Care For Real and Lakeview Pantry)
• Our pianist for the concert Steven Solomon
Some things to know...
• Tickets are only $15 per each person watching or listening to the concert at the same location. Discounted price if 2 or more people watching together.
• If you can not attend the concert, but would like to support the Fall Fundraising efforts of the Chicago Uptown Lions Club, you can do that by also clicking on the 'Tickets - Donation' button above and making a donation only.
• Ticket and Donation payment can be made here on our GiveButter fundraising site with a check, credit card, or by Venmo or PayPal, by clicking the "Tickets-Donation' button above.
• If you would like to make a payment for tickets or donations with a check, please put it into the mail no later than Tuesday, November 10, if not sooner.
Make the check out to Chicago Uptown Lions Club and be sure to include clearly printed, your name, email address, and phone number. Mail it to:
J. Kane, 4317 N Hermitage Ave #2, Chicago IL 60613-1128
• After you purchase your tickets here online (or we receive your check) and within a few days before the start of the concert, we will send you by email, a link to click on to watch the concert online on Zoom, and a special phone number to call if you'd like to listen to the concert without an internet connection
• Additional payment information. During payment check-out, you will be given the option to add to your payment the 'credit card processing fee.' If you'd like not to cover this, click on 'edit' under it and uncheck the box.
You'll also have the option to make a 'tip' to our payment site provider, GiveButter. If you'd like not to give them a 'tip,' or tip another amount than the default $5, click the "other amount" and enter "0" or whatever amount you'd like.
There is also an option to 'hide my name or amount from public view.' If you'd like do to that, click the box next to it and pick an option.
Tickets purchases and donations are not tax-deductible.
• For more information please contact us at [email protected]
The Chicago Uptown Lions Club has been serving the Uptown and Edgewater community of Chicago for nearly 100 years.
In 1917 a group of Chicago businessmen met to discuss the formation of a countrywide volunteer service organization to support the needs of their communities. Now there are more than 48,000 Lions Clubs worldwide with 1.4 million members serving in over 200 countries. Lions Clubs International is the largest service organization in the world.
Our Chicago Uptown Lions Club will celebrate our 100th Charter Anniversary in March of 2021. We are proud to be one of the oldest, longest-running clubs in the Lions Clubs International organization.
Our local Chicago Uptown Lions Club and clubs worldwide serve sight-impaired people and those with diabetes, and those with other needs. Through various fundraising efforts, the Chicago Uptown Lions raise funds for these and other humanitarian needs in our local community, for our local Lions District, State District, and Lions Clubs International.
The Chicago Uptown Lions Club also conducts various service events in the community including offering free hearing and eye screenings and has drop boxes in various business locations where you can drop off your used eyeglasses to be recycled and reused by those in need. Our Club holds a monthly dinner meeting on the 2nd Wednesdays of each month at a local restaurant, where we meet to discuss our activities and for social mingling and fun.
Please support our efforts to assist the less fortunate in our community and join us at our special fundraising virtual online Concert event on November 15th.
Please visit our website for more information about our Lions Club.
Or contact us at
The two beneficiaries of the Chicago Uptown Lions Club Fall 2020 Fundraiser are Care for Real and Lakeview Pantry
Care for Real, established in 1970 and located at 5339 N. Sheridan, provides services for neighbors in Edgewater, Uptown, and surrounding communities. It prepares more than 1.25 million meals each year and, in addition, offers a robust free clothes closet, a pet food pantry, and social services and employment services.
Lakeview Pantry, with three distribution centers including one at 5151 N. Hermitage, also provides services for our neighbors in Edgewater, Uptown, and surrounding communities. Last year, they served 13,500 people through 37,000 site visits and distributed 2.3 million meals. They also provide mental wellness and other social services.
Our fundraising "Piano Rhythms Concert" is being performed by renowned and award-winning pianist Steven Solomon.
Steven has been playing the piano since age 4 and has been playing professionally for over 20 years since age ten. Over 2,500 performances, including his debut at Carnegie Hall at age 20. Steven has performed in Chicago at Symphony Center, Millenium Park-Pritzker Stage, Jazz Showcase, and at numerous top music venues and at many city festivals.
Steven has performed at Disneyland, the Grand Lodge at Yellowstone National Park, The Liberace Museum in Las Vegas, and other locations around the country. He has also performed recently in Europe in England, Bulgaria, Ukraine, and Greece.
He is the recipient of the Jazz Institute of Chicago's prestigious Wang Mentorship Award and has been honored with a special Resolution By the City Council of Chicago for his musical accomplishments.
Steven was born and raised in Chicago's U neighborhood and currently divides his time between residences here in Chicago and in Los Angeles. Steven has been a member of the Chicago Uptown Lions Club for the past 13 years. He performs nationwide at special events for corporations, select individuals, organizations, and celebrities.
Steven plays and sings all genres and styles of music. He also is a songwriter and performing artist, performing his original music under the moniker "Steve Lush."
You can find out more about Steven and his music at
Create an account or login below to leave your name alongside your comment or reaction