2 months remaining
1% of $75,000 goal
2023 Cure VCP Disease Celebration
Saturday from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT
Free parking, casual dress
Purchase tickets by July 15, 2023 and receive our early bird ticket discount of $10 off per Adult ticket. Adult tickets include unlimited cider and Chuy's Tex-Mex food. Under 21 tickets include unlimited Tex-Mex food. Specialty beverages are extra and see the registration page for more details.
Check out our Auction listings via the tab at the top of this page.
We invite you, your friends, and your family to join us for a night of celebration and revelry as we celebrate the accomplishments of Cure VCP Disease, led by Nathan and Allison Peck. There is so much to be thankful for and we hope that you will consider joining us to enjoy cider and Tex-Mex at The UrbanTree Cidery in Atlanta.
Last year, we had over 60 in attendance and raised $65,000, driving awareness and research efforts for VCP-associated multisystem proteinopathy, of which Nathan is afflicted. For this year, one generous donor has offered a donation match of up to $10,000!
This fundraiser will help fund our ambitious scientific research agenda to drive clinical trial readiness for future therapeutics. Before a cure can be found, a toolbox must be in place that can assist scientists as well as the FDA in confirming that potential treatments and therapeutics will have efficacy.
Our goal is to create a toolbox, owned by Cure VCP Disease, that can be utilized by the global community interested in VCP disease. Our tools won't be tied down at a particular company or academic institution. These tools will be available to ALL in order to optimize the speed of development and knowledge.
It is time to create research models that can quickly and efficiently aid in the drug discovery process. If we want treatments for VCP disease, we need to invest in drug discovery.
Join us and don't miss out on the following:
1) Delicious cider made at The UrbanTree Cidery, including two special cider-infused cocktails made especially for the event.
2) Tex-Mex catered by Chuy's
3) Live auction for exciting travel experiences and product packages
4) Silent auction for amazing experiences, sporting events and fun items
5) Raffle for 50% cash split of proceeds
We look forward to seeing those friends that we haven't seen in a while and encourage you to share with others and invite friends that wish to learn more and contribute to our mission.
Cure VCP Disease, Inc., is a patient advocacy organization dedicated to driving the development of a cure for valosin-containing protein (VCP) associated multisystem proteinopathy (MSP), also known as IBMPFD (Inclusion Body Myopathy, Early Onset Paget’s Disease of Bone and Frontotemporal Dementia). The disease is an adult-onset, hereditary, autosomal dominant disease caused by a pathogenic variant of the VCP gene on chromosome 9. It can affect any combination of a patients’ muscles, bones and brain and can cause degenerative diseases including ALS, frontotemporal dementia, Parkinson’s, and Charcot-Marie Tooth. Our research agenda is broken into 4 initiatives:
1) Preclinical Toolbox - Create tools to advance scientific discovery, including patient-derived cellular and animal models owned by Cure VCP Disease.
2) Longitudinal Clinical Studies - Fund Year 3 of our Functional Measures Study at Nationwide Children's Hospital and continue development of video measures for future FDA and clinical trial use.
3) Treatment Discovery - Begin funding a 3-year gene editing program.
4) Awareness & Education - Continue to host patient and scientific conferences and support on-going patient advocacy efforts.
Sponsors (to learn more see our sponsorship packet):
Legacy (Annual Pro-Bono)