13% of $20,000 goal
Join a Team
Movement for Improvement: 5K Any Way in the Month of May!
Monday 2:47 PM - Wednesday 5:40 PM EDT
Join Us to start off our M4I: 5K Any Way in the Month of May! We have live zoom events throughout the month! Join us: April 13th: M4I Orientation May 1st: Kickoff Event May 16th: Halfway Point May 31st: Closing Celebration All of the above Events will start at 2:00 PM ET.
Thank you for joining The Copeland Center's Movement for Improvement: 5K Any Way in the Month of May!
Contributions, like yours, support the equitable distribution of Copeland Center training scholarships. In 2022, the Copeland Center offered over 30,000 spaces for individuals to receive free wellness recovery education. It is contributions like yours that support the equitable distribution of Copeland Center training scholarships and allow us to offer as many resources as we can to people looking for support in navigating and supporting their own wellness.
Together we can expand training opportunities in wellness, recovery, community inclusion, and peer support to more people who, without your donation, would not be able to participate. Your contribution makes a difference in the lives of others.Participate in a way that works best for you and show your support for healing, wellness and community. Any mindful movement that works for your wellness works! Some examples: Run or walk 5K, do 5K worth of yoga, tai chi, or weight lifting.
Why are we doing M4I?
The Copeland Center encourages empowerment and self-determination towards healing and wellness, which makes this M4I a great fit for our community. Our practices are grounded in concepts of hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, support and connection.
During this event, these concepts can show up by:
• Hope: By believing in ourselves with the belief that we can participate in M4I in a way that brings wellness to our lives.
• Personal Responsibility: By choosing a movement of our own choice, and making a commitment to ourselves to do this movement/s in efforts toward our own wellness.
• Education: By letting us share with each other and mutually learn from each other's many different options and choices for movement and wellness.
• Self-Advocacy: By sharing with others what we are doing and why it is important to us, as unique and special individuals.
• Support: By knowing that we are involved in this M4I with the support of many others. These may be people that we already know and may be people that we have yet to meet.
• Connection: by connecting with ourselves through movement of our choice and by connecting with others through finding in-person movement partners or engaging with each other during the virtual event.
The Copeland Center would like to honor your participation and share your progress across our platforms, so please send us photos and stories of whatever movement you have chosen to do.
There's a fundamental truth that gives us hope: Together we can do extraordinary things. At a time when we are experiencing turmoil in the world, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and worldviews together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
M4I emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and support a cause that allows for social connection and kindness. These messages of hope, connection, and community have never been more needed.