$3,822

Raised by 206 people

Support Active Minds

Break the Stigma

15%

$25,000 Goal

Story

Our Mission

We're addressing an important issue that affects many people- especially high-achieving scholars like our members. NSCS has partnered with Active Minds to help change the conversation about mental health so no one has to struggle alone. Active Minds is the premier mental health organization impacting college students and mental health. Our mission with this partnership is to spread awareness, break the stigma, and raise money for solutions Active Minds has identified.

At the conclusion of the 2018-2019 school year, 80% of the funds raised will be donated to Active Minds and the remaining 20% will come back to NSCS to fund the Active Minds Mental Health Advocate Award.

Why It's Important

39% of students in college experience a significant mental health issue

50% of cases of mental health issues begin by age 14; 75% begin by age 24

2/3 of students with anxiety or depression don't seek treatment

Impact

5.4 million students are impacted by Active Minds presence on campus

450+ campus chapters at high schools and colleges nationwide

3600 events each year for mental health awareness and action


Help us make a significant impact on student mental health and well-being! Donate today!