Givebutter reviews and testimonials
Read reviews from real people who chose Givebutter over other fundraising platforms like GoFundMe, Classy, and Eventbrite.
Is Givebutter legit? 👀
Since our founding in 2016, Givebutter has become one of the fastest-growing and highest-rated fundraising platforms, boasting the #1 rating for customer satisfaction on G2. What started as an idea in a college dorm room is now a platform trusted by millions of changemakers worldwide who have raised more than $300M in donations for good causes and nonprofit organizations.
From our completely free-to-use modern fundraising tools and secure payment processing to our award-winning customer service, we think Givebutter is the best fundraising solution for nonprofits. But don’t just take our word for it. Keep reading to hear stories from real Givebutter users and see how we stack up against the competition.
Who is Givebutter best for? 🍞➕🧈
Givebutter works best for small to midsize nonprofit organizations, schools, sports teams, faith-based organizations, companies, and even individuals. It can replace hundreds of dollars worth of monthly marketing and fundraising tool costs. Use the feature you need most (a donation button for your website, perhaps?) or go all-in and raise funds, track progress, and fully engage supporters in one place. We are free to use and dedicated to your success—no matter your size.
Why choose us?
- Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is completely free to use with a 100% transparent tip-or-fee model.
- We make it easy to switch from other platforms and replace multiple fundraising tools, bringing your donation forms, events, donor management (CRM), email blasts, SMS messaging, and so much more into one easy-to-use place. No complicated coding required.
- Use as many tools as you’d like or stick with just what you need. You can always try out additional features if and when you need them at no additional cost.
- Our dedicated Trust & Safety team is vigilant about preventing fraudsters from abusing our platform. Plus, we use the widely trusted payment processor Stripe to keep donations safe and secure.
How we're different
- We’re not the best fit for organizations that raise more than $10M annually. You might be better off with a larger, more expensive system to accommodate the nuances of a nonprofit of your size.
- Like many marketing tools fully customizing your emails and fundraising pages to your branding can take time. (But it’s totally worth it to see your donation rates increase!)
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Great resource for new & small nonprofits : "One of the best things about Givebutter is how accessible it is. I like that there is no cost when using the platform fees and that you can also turn it off for certain campaigns. I also like that you can make both events and other types of campaigns with Givebutter, as well as send emails. It's great that you can sync Canva in order to customize your emails. I also feel like the platform is pretty easy to use." Tatiana C - June 15, 2022
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Everything you need—all in one place!: "Givebutter enables us to create fundraising campaigns for our nonprofit organization that are accessible, visually appealing, and fun! Our community has commented on how intuitive the site is, and they love that they can effortlessly join a fundraising campaign, choose a team member to support, and share campaigns and events with their networks. The ability to leave messages and gifs on the campaign page is a fun touch, too!" Hayley W - Feb 18, 2022
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Great product, Easy Setup, Quick Help: "I would 10/10 recommend using Givebutter, especially if you are a small non-profit just trying to get things off of the ground. The quality with which this platform has been created has only enhanced our professionalism and reach, without paying an arm and a leg. The generosity of Givebutter in making this platform as cost-effective as possible was a win/win for myself and the non-profit that I serve. Even if we continue to grow, I will use Givebutter because I genuinely believe in their mission and trust their product." Macy B - Apr 02, 2022
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Givebuter Makes Fundraising Tech Accessible for Nonprofits: "If you haven't heard of Givebutter yet, you're in for a treat. It's one of the easiest fundraising platforms to use out there and it doesn't take much time to learn how to use it effectively. The platform itself is easy to navigate, especially as they continue to release new features and updates." Cody H - Feb 15, 2022
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ GB has TRANSFORMED our fundraising!: "We didn't have a way to integrate our online giving with our Salesforce platform, which we use as a CRM. We now have that integration, GB makes donating and sending acknowledgment effortless for our team. I love how easy it is to build out campaigns and search for donor information." Amanda G - Feb 15, 2022
- 9/10 Dynamic online donation platform: "Easy to implement and create campaigns. Integrates seamlessly with our CRM. Solid customer support. We would like more detailed reports, but appreciate that their Dev team is always working on upgrades." Kathi T - March 2021
- 10/10 Great benefit and easy-to-use platform with lots of room to grow: "We have been greatly satisfied with Givebutter. The zero fees and complete data transparency have put us in the drivers seat with our online fundraising initiatives. Using Givebutter has dramatically increased our online fundraising potential. We are eager to keep this product in our arsenal of tools in the work ahead of us." Michael F - March 2021
- 10/10 Streamlined and Wonderful Peer-to-Peer Fundraising: "We love using Givebutter. It is much more efficient than our previous peer-to-peer product and saves us time, energy, and resources that we are then able to allocate to other aspects of our fundraising efforts." Kasi D - Feb 2021
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Easy to use: "Easy to set-up, customize, navigate & learn, love the e-wallet options for donors. You can embed the giving page on your own website too, so that donors never have to leave. Love the email receipts as well. The customer service is the best I have ever encountered when compared to other nonprofit service providers." Kristin - June 16, 20
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Givebutter is the best fundraising website there is: "I spent a looong time trying to find a platform that I could raise money online with. I finally found Givebutter and fell in love! They provide an easy and beautiful solution for every aspect, and what isn't perfect they are already working on, and if you want something, they are SUPER responsive. All for free. Incredible. Signed, Givebutter's #1 fan" Gidon Ariel - May 18, 2022
- Harry Chapin Food Bank raises $569k to provide 1.4M meals in Southwest Florida: "Givebutter gave us the tools and the outlet to create this campaign. [Givebutter campaigns are] great because they're easy to search, easy to find, and people really enjoy participating in them. [Givebutter] was very user friendly for everybody. There wasn't a lot of training that you have to do because it's so user friendly to begin with." - Ryan Uhler, Digital Fundraising Manager
- Project Restore Us raises $54k and partners with local restaurants to deliver groceries during the COVID-19 pandemic: "The things that really stood out for Givebutter were on the backend of things. It was super simple to set up, the search engine optimization was really good, the ability to embed on our website was something that we found super useful. I guess that, along with the ability to use Venmo, Apple Pay, and Google Pay … Some other platforms, the fees range from 2.9 to about 8% combined with platform and transaction fees. But because 88% of our donors covered the fees by tipping Givebutter, our total fees only ended up being about nine-tenths of a percent." - Josh Stein, Tech Specialist
- COAF (Children of Armenia Fund) raises $4.5M in a televised benefit: "I jumped right to Givebutter … I've used it before, I know it's a very stable product, and I can rely on it. And it has great abilities to handle international registrants, international donors, and the kind of flexibility we needed. Choose your technology wisely … when it comes down to it, you need something that is reliable and something that is easy and as frictionless as possible — which Givebutter fits the bill for me." - Ariel Glassman, Fundraising Consultant
- Humans for Education has raised $50k on Givebutter through events, fundraising campaigns, and general donations so they can help more people receive the quality education they deserve: "Givebutter was the catalyst to everything for my nonprofit. I love Givebutter because they gave me a beautiful way to show donors what we were doing, interact with each other on the page, and cover all the fees when donating. And the team was there literally every step of the way. Long story short: Givebutter rocks." - Daphne Pariser, Founder
- NAMI Nevada raised $66k to support 400,000 Nevadans with a mental health condition during the COVID-19 pandemic during their Drive to Thrive event: "[With Givebutter] it’s easy to send [campaign] information out and interact with people. It's easy to see who you're giving to if you have a certain [team fundraiser] you want to get credit for the giving. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to take that Givebutter link … I started sending that link out to the people that I recently connected with in my texts. It seems insignificant now compared to the $66,000, but I probably got about $300 in an hour just texting the [Givebutter] link to my friends!" - Robin Reedy, Executive Director
- Goodwill Industries raises $34k to help youth, adults, and seniors develop skills to gain financial and personal independence: "[Givebutter] integrates very well with Bloomerang which is our donor database. It gave us the functionality of being able to embed the video, and it was very inexpensive. For a nonprofit, that is so important. This in-person event usually costs us around $8,000 and this year it was so minimal. It was wonderful … It was also shocking to me that we only had five people who did not pay the fee. So 95% of our donors paid the processing fee — that was really exciting. That's above and beyond the dollar amount you see on the Givebutter page." - Kelly, Goodwill Industries
- MAGFest raises $112k through a MAGTelethon Livestream when they had to cancel their largest in-person event due to COVID-19: "That was one of the ways that we used Givebutter too. We changed the story, we changed the teams, and changed multiple things on the page as the day went on to match the content of what we were doing. It was very quick to do. … It was really cool being able to just swap it out so that people could donate to something else. It was really fun." - Emily Hickman, Director of Business Operations
Student groups 🎒
- Fenwick High School raises over $189k in just 24 hours: "The integration between ThankView and Givebutter … that was a key component for choosing Givebutter. Everything was all wrapped up into one. That ease — that everything just flowed from ThankView right into Givebutter — was just super huge for us … Take advantage of the ease and functionality that Givebutter has to offer. It's a really simple platform, and it's actually fun to donate!" - Cindy Erwin, Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations
- Darlington School raised over $61k through independent school Giving Day: "Givebutter was new to us. We had never heard of it, and we were recommended by one of our top volunteers to check it out. We decided to just go for it, especially being able to offer Venmo and PayPal which our donors have asked for for years and years and years. Being able to say, “Okay, here it is!” was a huge plus … If you've got questions, ask them. [The Givebutter team] was so helpful." - Julia Thomas, Director of Annual Giving
- G.W.C. Brown Legacy Education Fund raises $36k to support young men through scholarships: "The [Givebutter] platform was very professional. I would say even if you have no idea what you're doing, just jump in. It’s really, really easy to use. If this is going to be your first time and you're trying to figure out, “Do I really want to do this?” The answer is yes. One of the really great parts about the platform is the people behind the platform. I think I sent two emails to ask questions and got answers right away. Then I had follow-up emails later saying, “Hey, just checking in with you to see if there's anything that we can do.” The platform also has all the help that you really need as you're trying to figure out how you want to set up the campaign." - Kenneth Spencer, Treasurer_
Sports teams and other groups 🏆
- B’nai Jeshurun, a 195-year-old congregation, raises $13k in a community-wide celebration of all generations: "If we were running this event in person, when the event was over, the giving was over. I think that happens with every event. It's very unlikely that days afterward people still feel inspired to give, but that actually happened with Givebutter. We were able to send this link out to our community members and that link was clicked many, many times which inspired a lot of giving … The celebration, regardless of what it is — fundraiser, friend-raiser — it doesn't have to end when your event ends. I think that's what's so beautiful about it." - Amanda Greenawalt, Director of Advancement
- Wendy Hilliard Gymnastics Foundation raises $71k through creative livestream events: "[Our experience with Givebutter Livestream] was very lively, which was really nice. It was engaging, I think would be one of the best words. People, when they do it, they stay engaged. That's really important when you work with donors. Also it's got to be easy, and it was really easy for the team to get it up and running. It’s a very friendly platform to use as an organization." - Wendy Hilliard, Founder and CEO
- Teton Adaptive Sports raised over $50k to support adaptive skiing for people of all abilities during the COVID-19 pandemic: "We haven't had any negative feedback from anybody about using Givebutter. Knowing that the platform is set up in a manner that's very user friendly is super helpful. Givebutter works so well to help us automatically put information into our email list … we didn't have to go in and manually type in 220 people and match up who's already in our email list and who's not … [Givebutter] allowed us to keep a very organized database that instantly went right into our system. [Fundraising on Givebutter] was easy, to be honest. That was, I think, the best part of all of it." - Joe Stone, Director of Mission
- Green City Market raises $22k to increase access to local, sustainable food and support local farmers: "None of us knew what we were doing, and Givebutter support was awesome. We emailed several times to say, “I don't know how to do this.” We had support from the Givebutter side who advised us on some of these other pieces that weren't [Givebutter] technology. They had enough experience to say, “Well, here's how that piece would play in,” and just gave us the confidence of _let’s do this!" - Mandy Moody, Director of Development
- Studio Tenn Theater Company raises $150k since the beginning of COVID-19 through creative virtual events: "Every time that we've reached out [to Givebutter], everyone that I've ever talked to has been so quick and willing to help. We really, really appreciate that; that's been huge. I even had one week — in one of our first weeks on — during a stream, I was having problems with something going live. I was able to get someone and we were able to fix it while the stream was going. That was great! The accessibility and the help. One of the [fundraising] tips I would say is to be sure to reach out to [Givebutter support]. I have appreciated the responsiveness and the help on that." - William Guice, Advancement Director
- Harvard undergrads raise $34k through student art-making and faculty gift-matching to combat racial injustice: "I think something that I personally like about Givebutter is that it's very easy to understand … Compared to GoFundMe and other websites I found, there seems to be a slightly overwhelming amount of information, whereas this felt very simple and straightforward." - Jasi, Freedom Fundraiser Collective
- Eula and Jeannie raised over $13k to launch their new podcast, “Everything’s on Fire”: "I found that experience — being able to see in real time who was donating and also read the comments that people left — to be really gratifying. I didn't expect there to be another community aspect to the fundraising part of this, but the comments that people were able to leave—and the fact that we were able to respond to them and like them — it just felt like there was this other place where we were able to have a conversation with our people again. I loved that part of [using Givebutter]." - Eula Scott Bynoe and Jeannie Yandel, Podcast Hosts
Get your questions answered live in a one-on-one walkthrough of the platform.
See how changemakers like you are hitting their fundraising goals on Givebutter
All features, free, forever. See how we do it and how much you can save