ACH is an excellent payment option for any campaign, offering a reduced fee with no additional setup required. If your average transaction size is on the higher-end, then ACH can be a perfect solution. Here's an example of how the savings are presented to a potential supporter:
As shown in the screenshot above, we are particularly excited to add ACH alongside our wide array of existing payment methods on Givebutter, including Venmo, Apple/Google Pay, PayPal, and all major credit/debit cards. ACH works the same as these methods, with a few key exceptions:
- ACH only appears as a payment option for contributions greater than or equal to $100
- ACH Payments have a reduced Processing Fee of 1.9% + 30¢ per transaction. That is 1% lower than all other payment methods on Givebutter!
- ACH Payments require a longer settlement period of up to 5-7 business days.
- Refunds on ACH payments are only possible when requested by the original payee via email.
- Disputes on ACH payments are reviewed with extra precaution and scrutiny.
In addition, using ACH as a payment method could not be easier, thanks to our robust integration with Plaid, which enables supporters to securely log in directly to their bank accounts, without the need to go digging for account & routing numbers. You can check out a demo of Plaid's bank linking process here!
Please read this article for more information, including requirements for accessing ACH Payments on Givebutter.