Givebutter gives back
Givebutter Gives Back $35K to nonprofits on Giving Tuesday
To celebrate the changemakers who use Givebutter to make the world a better place, we’re donating $35,000 to verified nonprofits on Giving Tuesday!
Tune in LIVE on 12/5 to see the chosen campaigns!
How it works
Set up your free Givebutter account
Sign up, verify your nonprofit, and choose how you want to fundraise this Giving Tuesday. You can create a donation form, fundraising page, fundraising event, auction, or embed a donate button directly on your website.
Submit your campaign by November 27
You can start accepting donations on or leading up to Giving Tuesday, but you must raise at least $500 on Giving Tuesday and submit your application by 11:59 PM PST on November 27 to be considered for a donation from Givebutter.
Join us as we announce the donation recipients LIVE!
Givebutter will announce the most creative and most active campaigns during our webinar on December 5. Register here ->
Giving Tuesday events
Download the Giving Tuesday
Explore Giving Tuesday resources
We’ve got everything you need to know about Giving Tuesday. Learn what it is, when it is, why you should participate, and top tips for how to stand out as a nonprofit.
Explore resources, tools, top tips, and best practices for planning epic Giving Tuesday campaigns.
Hit play on a Giving Tuesday webinar
Giving Tuesday 2022
Learn more about the incredible nonprofits that got a slice of $50K from our Givebutter Gives Back initiative and check out some of our favorite moments from this epic day of giving.
Giving Tuesday 2021
See how we launched our first year of Givebutter Gives Back for Giving Tuesday and explore even more winning campaigns from changemakers across the country.
Frequently asked questions
Giving Tuesday is a global day of generosity that brings out the changemaker in everyone. Since its inception in 2012, millions of people have embraced this day as an opportunity to take a break from holiday consumer spending and give back to their community.
Giving Tuesday always takes place on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. This year, Giving Tuesday is November 28, 2023.
To receive a donation from Givebutter, you must:
- Raise at least $500 by 11:59 PM PST on November 28, 2023.
- Submit your Givebutter campaign by 11:59 PST on November 27, 2023. You may only submit one campaign.
The 20 Most Active Campaigns will be determined by the number of unique donations processed on Givebutter on Giving Tuesday (November 28). There will be four donation rounds throughout the day: 6–10 am, 10–2 pm, 2–6 pm, and 6–10 pm EST. During each of these rounds, Givebutter will donate $500 to the five campaigns that received the highest number of unique donations within that specific time frame.
The 5 Most Creative Campaigns will be selected among the 20 Most Active Campaigns by a panel of judges and announced LIVE during our webinar on December 7. Judges will vote based on the best use of Givebutter features, effective storytelling, active supporter engagement, and overall creativity.
💡 Get expert advice: We’ll be sharing top tips and best practices for making your campaign the best it can be during dedicated Office Hours throughout the month of November.
No matter who you are, there’s a place for everyone to unleash generosity this Giving Tuesday. If you're not sure where to start, here are a few Giving Tuesday ideas:
- Donate: Find and support verified fundraisers on the big day. No donation amount is too small—even $5 a month can go a long way for many nonprofits. We’ve highlighted some incredible organizations on this page and will be sharing more inspiring campaigns in our newsletter throughout the season. Subscribe →
- Join in the FUNdraising: Take it a step further and join in a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign to raise money on behalf of a nonprofit during Giving Tuesday. Multiply your impact and encourage friends, family, and coworkers to give to your favorite cause.
- Volunteer: Check out the websites of local charities to see if there are opportunities to volunteer on Giving Tuesday, or explore VolunteerMatch for other groups that may need extra hands this holiday season.
- Advocate: Many nonprofits share opportunities to advocate for their cause on Giving Tuesday, including contacting elected officials, signing petitions, or doing some grassroots organizing to help further their mission. Check your favorite charity’s website for any forms or templates that make advocating quick and easy.
- Spread the word: Find a cause you believe in and educate your community via social media, email, text, phone calls, or even over coffee about what they can do to join in and make a difference.
You can also explore the official GivingTuesday website for additional resources and even more ways to make the world a better place this Giving Tuesday and beyond.